“PII” MEANS ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON; AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH PII, HOWEVER, USE OF THE SERVICES REQUIRES THAT YOU PROVIDE PII. IF YOU CHOOSE TO WITHHOLD ANY PII REQUIRED IN RESPECT THEREOF, IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO USE THE SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
PII We Collect. In order to provide and improve our Services, we may collect information which includes without limitation user information, voice samples, recordings of calls, communications and aggregate data. We also automatically collect and record PII through use of the Services such as IP address, cookie information, type of browser and technical information regarding the method and nature of use of the Services. At any time, you may opt-out from receiving newsletters and promotional communications from us.
Links. The Services may contain links to other services, sites and applications that are subject to their own privacy and data protection policies.
Minors. We do not intend to collect PII from anyone we know to be under 18 years old. If you believe that we might have collected such information, please contact us.
PII Sharing. We grant access to your PII to our affiliates, agents, representatives, universities we collaborate with for COVID 19 research purposes and third party service providers. In addition, we may share PII if required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; to satisfy applicable law; when permitted by you; to prevent fraud or harm; for processing PII on our behalf; or in the event of a merger, acquisition or other structural change or form of sale of part or all of our assets.
PII Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII, however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill a legitimate business need or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling. In order to provide the Services, we use automated decision-making and profiling.
Data Integrity. We process PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete and current. However, we depend on you to rectify your PII when necessary.
Your Rights. At any time, you may contact us and request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. For more details, see Section 9 below.
Enforcement. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any formal written complaints regarding processing of PII that cannot be resolved between us and the complaining individual.
Consent to Processing and Transferring of PII. Your PII may be stored and processed in a country outside the country of your residence or from which you access the Services. Transfers of your PII outside the European Economic Area will comply with applicable laws.
California Residents. California residents have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA“). For more details, see Section 13 below.
Do Not Track Notices. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide, operate and improve our Services and provide services in connection therewith, we may collect and process PII, including the following types of information:
- Customer Information. In order to use the Services you will be required to provide Company with recorded calls and phone numbers of your customers from which we will also collect PII.
- COVID 19 Research Program. When you participate in a COVID-19 research program you will be required to provide Company with PII including: your voice samples, age and gender, for the purpose of assisting researchers in academic institutions to find efficient ways to diagnose COVID 19.
- Usage Information. When you use the Services, we may automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, geolocation data (including country and city), device identifiers, internet service provider, connection speed, search history, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communications to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request to the following e-mail: email@example.com.
- Aggregate and Analytical Data. In the effort to produce insights regarding use of the Services, we often conduct research on user demographics and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you or your customers or employees personally. We may use such aggregate information for any purpose and also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Cookies. In order to collect the data described herein we may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser until the Company’s Services are removed, in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser. Most browsers may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs”, are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. We may also use third party cookies such as Google Analytics under the following terms: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- Minors. If any of your data subjects (e.g. employees or customers) are minors under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Automated Decision-Making and Profiling. In order to provide the Services, we use automated decision-making and profiling including without limitation during provision of support, customer service and marketing calls. Automated decision making is also used during calls, in accordance with predefined parameters.
- Rights of Data Subjects.
- Right of Access and Rectification. Data subjects have the right to know what PII we collect about them and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow data subjects the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask data subjects to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify their PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. Data subjects have the right to delete their PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny such requests if the PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. Data subjects have the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of their PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing the PII based on consent obtained before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, data subjects have the right to ask to transfer their PII in accordance with their right to data portability, if required pursuant to applicable law.
Data subjects may exercise the above rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Lodge Complaint. Data subjects also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of their PII.
- California Residents. California residents have specific rights under the CCPA. For more information and to exercise your rights, please see the Privacy Notice for California Residents at the following link: [https://www.voca.ai/ccpa].
- Do Not Track Notices. You are also advised that Company does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: August 19, 2020